Ethos and Values
The ethos and curriculum of the school are created to enable pupils to:
- use language effectively and imaginatively in speaking, reading and writing;
- gain a basis of mathematical, scientific and technical knowledge, acquiring and being able to apply essential skills;
- develop lively, questioning minds, able to argue rationally and fairly, exercising tolerance and empathy;
- experience and develop an appreciation of the creative arts;
- develop an awareness and understanding of their environment;
- promote their physical development and enjoyment of physical activity;
- acquire a positive self-image and a confident personality;
- to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum.
Bude Park Primary School’s Safeguarding Children Statement
At Bude Park Primary School, the health and safety of all children is of paramount importance. Parents send their children to school each day with the expectation that school provides a secure environment in which their children can flourish. Bude Park Primary School therefore has to ensure that this expectation becomes reality. In order to do this a wide range of measures are put in place. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play in safeguarding children. Bude Park Primary works with social care, the police, health services and other services to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.